Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cinnamon Scones


I love scones.  I love baking scones.  I love eating scones.  And I love coming up with new recipes for scones.  My only dilemma with coming up with my own recipe is I am not very good at recording what and how much I added to my recipe.  A few months ago I made some cinnamon scones for family that was coming to visit.  They were a hit and a recipe was requested.  So I made them again...a couple of times in fact.  I finally got the recipe down and thought I would share it with you.
  Ingredients for Cinnamon Oat Scones
2 Cups of Flour
1/4 Cup of Sugar
1/2 tsp of Salt
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
****
1/2 Cup of Cold Butter
1 tsp Vinegar mixed with
1 Cup of Milk (or 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of buttermilk)
****
2 TBS Butter softened
3 TBS Brown Sugar
3 TBS Oats
3/4 tsp Cinnamon 
In a large bowl mix the first group of dry ingredients and then cut in the butter until it resembles course crumbs.  In a small bowl combine the 2 TBS of soft butter, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon.   Mix the cinnamon oat mixture in the large bowl.  Add 3/4 of your milk and mix until it is moistened (don't over mix) Add the remaining milk if needed.  Drop by spoonfuls on your baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 400*.  Or until the center of the scone is light and fluffy.

These would be delicious with a simple glaze of milk, sugar, and cinnamon.  However, I prefer homemade whipping cream with a touch of sweetener and cinnamon.  I have more scone recipes to share so keep your eyes out for them in the future.

Happy Baking!
~Country Mama Bliss~

No comments:

Post a Comment